A few times a year, I get to play in the kitchen and make treats that my kids just love. This is a new treat this year inspired by a picture in a magazine that I saw at my friends house, thanks Jan! They are fun and easy to make, in fact, we even had our young women make them at our Harvest party. 🙂
What you need to make these:
- bag of marshmallows
- big round sprinkles
- white chocolate
- sucker sticks (I get mine from Joanns)
- small bags to put them in after
1. Melt white chocolate. I use a sugar dish, and melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until it is done, stirring each time. I then place the sugar dish on a candle warmer to keep the chocolate warm.
2.Take Marshmallow, sucker stick, and dip end of stick into melted white chocolate, and push into marshmallow. Set on wax paper to let white chocolate harden.
3. Once you are done inserting all the sticks into the marshmallows, you will dip the entire marshmallow in white chocolate.
4. Once marshmallow is covered in chocolate, place 2 round sprinkles on the marshmallow to make the eyes. (You can also just put sprinkles all over the marshmallow as well, very cute!)
5. Place mummy into styrofoam to the chocolate can set.
6. Once chocolate has hardened, Dip a fork into the white chocolate and use that to drizzle white chocolate over the marshmallow to create the look of a mummy.
7. Set mummies back in the styrofoam to set. Once the chocolate has set again, place your mummies into a small bag and tie with a twist or ribbon. Aren’t they cute! Now present them to your kids and enjoy their reaction, or for a fun family night, have them help make them!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Chit Chat, Church, Family, Kids, tagged birthday, Church, mothers day, primary, princess party, relief society, young women's on May 11, 2008|
4 Comments »
It has been a while since I have updated my blog. I don’t have any excuse other than the fact that life is really busy these days! Field trips, end of school activities, and of course trying to figure out child care for the kids while I leave on a fun trip. I am headed to California to see my parents, then off to Texas to visit my sister. I will be doing shows while there (one at The Yarn Deli), so I have been working in the studio every spare moment I have.
It was also my youngest daughter and my birthday yesterday. She had a Princess Party, and it was a blast! She had friends from church and school come, and they were all thrilled to be princess. 🙂 It was a busy, fun filled day, but I will admit to being tired at the end. I will try to get pictures up soon. I am glad that at this point in her life, she is happy to have our birthdays on the same day. I think I am the lucky one though, I got her for a birthday present. It doesn’t get much better than that!I
Today at church, we celebrated Mother’s. We were treated to wonderful talks, and my favorites were from the youth of the ward. We also enjoyed music by the Primary and Young Women. During Relief Society, all the ladies were treated to chocolate dipped strawberries and cake. We had a great time visiting with each other. My favorite part of the day was listening to all the kids sing, “I Often Go Walking.” As a child this was one of my favorite Primary songs and I was teary eyed today, listening and watching my own kids sing the same song that I remember singing to my Mom. It is amazing how life can come full circle.
I had a few minutes to edit a few pictures, but loved the way this one came out. Ally and I get our picture taken together every year as birthday girls, this years came out really cute! I love her “toothy” smile. 🙂
Read Full Post »